Sometimes it still doesn’t feel real that I’m a mom. Even when I am staring into the eyes of my blue eyed child, it takes me a minute to realize that he’s mine, all mine. How lucky am I to have been given such a gift? I never knew that one little boy could become my whole world, and teach me more about love and joy in seven months than I’ve known in twenty-seven years.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and if you are still deciding on gifts for the moms in your life, look no further than my list of Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day. Whether your mom needs a little encouragement in her life, deserves pampering and safe beauty products, or simply loves to cook, I’ve found the perfect gift for her.
- Woodhouse Day Spa –>This is the very best spa that I’ve ever been to! I am obsessed with the hot teas, coffee or fruit infused water that you can enjoy while sitting in the relaxing ‘quiet room’ pre- and post-service. I know a gift card to Woodhouse would be one amazing Mother’s Day Gift. For locals, there is a Woodhouse at The Greene in Dayton and in Montgomery near Cincinnati. Right now Woodhouse is offering Mother’s Day spa packages and a free Sonoma Lavender Neck Wrap (this is the neck wrap you get to wear while having services done at Woodhouse) with any gift card purchase over $200.
- Beautycounter Lustro Sugar Scrub –> For those moments when you don’t have the time to get away to the Woodhouse Day Spa, why not bring a spa-quality service home? Beautycounter’s Lustro Sugar Scrub is the perfect way to scrub away winter and leave your skin polished and smooth for the warm days ahead. I love the sugar scrub for using before shaving my legs to leave a super smooth finish. I also obsess over using the sugar scrub on my elbows and heels. I always follow up with an intense moisturizer, like the Enrich Body Butter.
- Tiny Tags 1 Name & Birthday 24K Gold Plated Open Loop –> I have been wanting a mother’s necklace like this one ever since Jack was born! Tiny Tags necklaces are of great quality, and I know this necklace would be a gift treasured by any new mom. There are a lot of styles and options on Tiny Tag’s website, but my favorite is this option with the birthdate + name of the child engraved.
- Beautycounter Citrus Mimosa Hand Wash & Hand Cream Set –> The Citrus Mimosa scent from Beautycounter is one of the best in my opinion! Every time I use these products I feel like I’m at a spa, and I think all moms can relate to needing a moment of bliss throughout their day, even if that’s simply by washing your hands! This Hand Wash and Hand Cream Set is packed with nourishing ingredients like organic aloe and chamomile, and leaves a subtle, refreshing citrus scent.
- Pregnancy Prayer Journal –> Is there a newly expectant mother in your life that you’d like to gift on Mother’s Day too? I think this Pregnancy Prayer Journal from Val Marie Paper would make just the sweetest gift! The pregnancy prayer journal is divided up into trimesters and then months with space to pray for any worries, baby’s developments, future, symptoms and the dad-to-be. There is space too for answered prayers, a Scripture verse and even goals. I would have loved to keep a journal like this when I was pregnant! I pretty much used this blog as my sounding board in the same way. (You can find all of my Pregnancy Posts HERE if you’re interested in reading more!)
- Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking –> I love Dana’s blog for easy and healthy recipes, and as of today (!) you can purchase her new cookbook, Everyday Cooking. Within the cookbook there is 101 vegan recipes, and all of these are brand new recipes never before seen on her blog. Plus, all of the recipes require 30 minutes or less, 1 bowl or 1 pot, or 10 ingredients or less to prepare. So great for all the busy moms in your life!
- MantraBand –> I just found these little bands, and oh my goodness I am obsessed! Per the website, “Mantrabands are simple, elegant bracelets with a touch of delicate polish and an uplifting message; promoting a lifestyle of optimism, positivity, mindfulness. Wear your Mantraband every day as your daily reminder, affirmation, and inspiration. Made with love.” I know that as a mom, life can get really busy throughout the day. It would be so helpful to wear these encouraging and uplifting bands to remind myself how blessed I really am, and to give myself a little extra motivation when I need it most. A few of my favorite sayings include:
- “Smile, Breathe and Go Slowly”
- “Choose Joy”
- “Be Present”
- “Have Courage and Be Kind”
- “Make Today Count”
Mother’s Day Special – Free Shipping!
- In honor of Mother’s Day, I’m offering FREE standard shipping this week on all Beautycounter orders. Comment on this post with your email address, or send me and email to take advantage of the offer! –> email@example.com
** Shop Beautycounter online at this link –> http://bit.ly/1SMCelR
A Local Mother’s Day Weekend Event!
- For all you local friends, I will be co-hosting a Moms & Mimosas Event on the Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend alongside Palette of Threads, North Dayton’s 1st Mobile Clothing Boutique! I plan to share Beautycounter’s message for #betterbeauty and safe products, while guests have the option to sip mimosas and shop both makeup and clothes. It will be a fun event for women of all ages – whether you’re a mom yet or not! Since it is Mother’s Day weekend though, I am encouraging guests to bring their moms and daughters and make it a girls day out! If you are local and would like an invite, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will share all the event details!
Skinny Suppers Cookbook Giveaway
- And last, but not least, the winner of the Skinny Suppers Cookbook is…
…Jessica – Congrats! Shoot me an email to email@example.com and I will get you a copy of the cookbook!