Our family is busy prepping and planning for our beach vacation, which means this mama is officially thinking about how to pack for Jack’s first trip to the beach. This is not my son’s first trip, as he flew with me to Fort Lauderdale back in May. However, that trip’s entire duration was only about four days. This time we will be gone for quite awhile – 12 days to be exact – so I want to be sure to pack enough of what he needs without going too overboard.
You see, every year we stay in my parents’ big RV ocean side. This year we have two extra guests – Jack and my brother’s girlfriend – so needless to say that closet space is going to be limited. All-in-all, there will be six adults, one baby, and one 65 pound black lab staying in the RV. Let’s just say that we’re one big happy family!
I watched this video titled Packing Tips for Kids, and I pulled a few really good tips from it.
- Bring 1.5 times more shirts/one piece outfits than the number of the days of your trip. (For example: If you stay 7 days, bring about 10-11 outfits)
- Divide the total number of the days of your trip by two for pajamas (For example: If you stay 7 days, bring about 3-4 jammies)
- Bring 2 swimsuits / rash guards – one to wear while the other dries
- Bring 2-3 pairs of shoes max! (Includes sandals + 1 pair of tennis shoes, and maybe 1 pair of nicer shoes for going out to dinner)
- Place everything else – socks, white onsies, hats, diapers, baby products – into separate large zip locks and place in the suitcase)
Since we are staying longer than seven days, I may try to run a load of laundry in the middle of the trip so that I won’t have to bring a ton of extra.
Here are a few items that we’ll also be bringing along with us:
- Oversized Beach Towel
- Beautycounter Baby Bundle Collection
- Rash Guard
- Beach Umbrella
- Pack and Play Playard
- Little Swimmers
- Baby Pool Float with Canopy
- Beautycounter Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30 and Protect Stick Sunscreen
- Baby Beach Board Book
- Large Beach Tote
- What are your must-haves for packing for the beach with kiddos? If you’ve taken a baby to the beach before, what are your tips for this first timer?!