My family loves both football and good food, and is always looking for any excuse to get together. Because of this, it is pretty easy to guess what we are going to be doing this Sunday.
Every time there is a big football event, whether it’s the Super Bowl, the National Championship, or Ohio State v. Michigan, my family and I get together to watch the big game while eating delicious and football-inspired foods. We like to keep it simple and laid back, but somehow all of us being together feels like a special occasion no matter the reason. This Super Bowl Sunday we will be heading over to my parents’ house to watch the Ravens v. the 49ers, and you can bet there is going to be a lot of great dishes to make and enjoy.
One of my easiest and most favorite appetizers to bring to a party is a simple Mexican Relish Dip. It literally takes minutes to put together, tastes great, is budget friendly, healthy, and can feed a crowd.
If you are heading out for a Super Bowl party this weekend as well, I highly encourage you to make this recipe to win over the fellow football fanatics, and thank the host/hostess for planning the party. Feel free to add chicken like I did if you would like to make this dish a meal in its own, or leave out the chicken for an easy vegetarian dish everyone, even those meat lovers, will love. No matter how you make it, this dip is sure to guarantee a winning touchdown every time!
‘Touchdown’ Mexican Relish Dip
Mexican Relish Dip
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (Drained)
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 can Black Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Jalapeno (Finely Chopped and Seeds Removed)
- 1/4 heaped teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1 Lime (Freshly Squeezed)
- 1 Avocado (Chopped into Bite-Size Pieces)
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (Fully Cooked and Chopped into Bite-Size Pieces)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper