Knowing that I had a three day weekend coming up seemed to make the work week move even a little slower than usual. Now that I have finally made it to Friday though, I couldn’t be feeling more relaxed and ready for fun. This morning I am starting my day at the gym with a little fitness and will be meeting up with my mom and then heading to a new breakfast spot, and then we will be doing a little shopping later on…It’s hard to ask for much more than that!
To celebrate the start of the weekend, I am going to share a special Friday Five with all of you. Here are five things I have been loving lately:
1) My cheetah dress from J. Crew! I have been loving this dress paired with my black leggings and studded flats. I have been wearing it to both church and work…I can’t get enough!
2) This hummus recipe! I made it for my girlfriend’s bridal shower last weekend and I am obsessed. It is quite time consuming to pinch off the skin of every chickpea, but it is worth it for the creamy finish. I don’t know if I will ever be able to eat store bought again after trying homemade! I topped my batch with Kalamata Olives and Feta Cheese as a special finishing touch.
3) Preparing for Spring! I saw this adorable bench with outdoor accessories at Home Goods that I fell in love with. All I could think about is how cute it would look on my porch as we transition into the warmer months. Love the lantern too!
4) This dinner was one of the prettiest and tastiest I had the whole week: Turkey, Provolone and Apple grilled between a Whole Wheat Wrap, and a side salad filled with Mixed Greens, sliced Strawberries, chopped Walnuts, grated Parmesan Cheese, and a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar. Delicious and healthy!
5) My current nail polish! With spring just around the corner, I know I will be transitioning to my favorite lavender nail polish from OPI called ‘Do You Lilac It’?’ very soon. Until then though, I am going to keep wearing my winter color, at least until after this weekend in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. My current color of choice is called ‘Jade is the New Black” and I have been loving it for the last couple of months. Green is definitely a color out of the ordinary for me, but it is a nice change from my usual pinks and purples I tend to lean toward.
Have a great Friday!
Talk to Me!
- What is something you have been loving lately?
- What are your plans for the weekend?
- What nail polish are you wearing today? Do you have a favorite spring color you are looking forward to wearing?