If you follow both NFL football and this blog then you are well aware as to why today is a big Sunday in our house. The Broncos play the Chargers this evening and to say my husband is a tad bit on edge would be a true statement! We also have friends joining us for the game, so there is a whole lot to look forward to today! After I finish this post I am going to begin whipping up a few eats and get our house sparkling clean!
Since this is a meal planning post and all, I thought I would share a few of my ideas for today’s football eats with all of you:
- Hormone-free chicken wings from Earth Fare (Tim likes to create the sauce)
- Homemade hummus (I am trying out a recipe similar to my White Bean & Chickpea Hummus. If the recipe turns out good, I will share on the blog!)
- I am thinking about making these Healthy Sweet Potato Brownies! I have all the ingredients and I love experimenting in the kitchen, so this may be the recipe to do so!
When I meal plan for company, I try and base my selections around my guests. I know our two friends enjoy healthy foods too, so I thought I would throw a couple of those into the mix as well! I love to have healthy options available, as well as at least one splurge item when entertaining.
Now that you see my meal planning for today’s event, here are my planned eats for the rest of the week!
Monday January 13th: Chicken + Mushroom Noodle Soup with Poached Eggs via How Sweet It Is
This recipe caught my eye because it isn’t a traditional chicken noodle soup. This recipe will take us out of our comfort zone because a) I never would have thought to pair an egg with soup, and b) I have never made a poached egg before. We will see how it goes, but the recipe sure sounds delicious and perfect for a cold winter’s night!
Tuesday January 14th: Garden Vegetable Chili (This is a recipe my friend Meghan gave me from one of her favorite new recipe books!)
Wednesday January 15th: TBD!
Thursday January 16th: Stuffed Peppers with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce via How Sweet It Is
Expect to see a lot of recipes from Jessica’s site! I found this post, which includes a recipe round-up for healthy meals and I literally want to try them all!
Friday January 17th: Chicken with roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts
This is just going to be a simple, no fuss meal of chicken cooked on the grill pan, along with a batch of roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
Saturday January 18th: TBD!
I will be making my own pizza crust in my bread maker, and the pizza recipe will be similar to this one.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and go Broncos!
- Are you a fan of the NFL? Which team are you hoping will win the Super Bowl?
- When entertaining, do you typically offer healthy, not-so-healthy, or a mix of both types of eats?
- What is on your meal plan this week?