If you notice in my menu bar at the top of the screen, I now have a whole section devoted to Pregnancy and my posts on this topic. Feel free to check it out if you’ve missed any past posts! I will continue to add to the page anything new I publish relating to Pregnancy.
Speaking of pregnancy, here is my recap from Weeks 10 & 11:
I forgot to do a week 10 post on its own (…which now works out great since I am trying to catch up to the present!), so today I am combining my thoughts and experiences of Week 10 and 11. It is hard for me to believe that we are already almost out of the first trimester! I am definitely not wishing time away, but I am not too incredibly sad to see the first trimester go either. Although I know it could have been a lot worse, it was still pretty tough with the nausea and fatigue, but thankfully I think I am almost out of the worst of it!
Week 10 was still pretty hard to get through, but by Week 11 almost on the dot I began to see signs of hope. I had nausea mostly before breakfast and in between breakfast and lunch, but it wasn’t anywhere as intense as weeks 7-10. I haven’t even needed any saltines or oyster crackers to get me through the day so I would say that is a success! (I literally don’t even want to look at saltines + oyster crackers anymore after relying on them so much during those beginning weeks!)
I have also started to notice the return of some of my favorite food groups, including fruits and vegetables, which have not been eaten since about Week 5. I’ve also had a little more energy, so I have tried to visit the gym a couple times during these weeks. Now I am just waiting on spring weather so I can take Tebow on a walk every day and use that as my main form of exercise. (I have been taking advantage of those sunny days when we get them, but unfortunately it is still Ohio in the spring time so rain undoubtedly takes up half the week. The days it rains I definitely feel myself being less motivated, but I try to save my one or two gym days a week for when it rains.)
We have also been busy these weeks telling our family and friends the good news. I have a girls night planned mid-February when I plan on sharing the news with some of my closest girlfriends and I am really looking forward to that! It has been a blast so far celebrating with those we love, and it was so important for us to tell as many close friends/family as we could before making it public.
- Soda! Okay, this craving is very strange to me as I haven’t really drank much pop in years and years, but all of a sudden soda sounds amazing. I especially love bottled craft sodas in flavors like grape or orange.
- Icees – I guess this goes along with my whole soda craving, but I seriously could drink an Icee every second of the day. Tim and I went to Target at the start of Week 11 and literally I walked in the store and immediately headed to the food court for a large Cherry + Coke Icee and it was amazing!
- Orange Juice
- Deli Sandwiches (I have heard not to eat cold deli meat when pregnant, so I have made baked sandwiches at home instead – although now I have some fellow mamas-to-be telling me otherwise, so I am feeling open to interpretation?!) I went to Subway and ordered the chicken breast and had it heated twice (once on its own in the microwave and once toasted) and then topped it with as many veggies as I could get!
- Skittles + Starbursts (This craving is also strange since I have always been a chocolate girl who could skip fruit-flavored treats)
- Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
- Pickles (Such a pregnant cliche!) and Pickled Baby Corns
- Baked Potatoes with Butter, Sour Cream, Broccoli, Cheese and lots of salt and pepper
- This really depends on the moment… Sometimes yogurt sounds awful, and the next minute it sounds delicious. Fruit is starting to make a comeback in a smoothie or a bowl of oatmeal, but the thought of sitting down and eating a piece of fruit still doesn’t sound that great. Peanut butter has started to sound a little better, which is great because I have really missed one of my favorite foods! (Finally, just now at week 18 I am starting to enjoy peanut butter again…) Unfortunately though, coffee hasn’t yet made its appearance, but I am hopeful in the next few weeks the sound of a hot cup of coffee will be much better. (…Week 18 and coffee is still MIA!)