Tomorrow I will be sharing a pretty personal post that I’ve been working on for a few days, but until then I hope you’re all not getting too bored with all of my pregnancy posts! I promise that non-pregnancy posts will be shared soon as well, but right now it is definitely at the forefront of my heart and mind. I decided to keep Week 12 on its own because there were a lot of great moments during this time that I want to remember. Here is my recap from Week 12:
Week 12 was my favorite of my pregnancy so far! I felt less nauseous and Tim and I were able to hear our baby’s heartbeat for the first time. It was absolutely incredible! My doctor reminded us that this is exactly why I feel so tired – the baby’s heartbeat is beating between that 150-160 sweet spot, and my body is busy growing a human. No wonder my bed time seems to get earlier and earlier each day.
I was also able to share the news with my girlfriends this week, which was so fun! We’ve had a girl’s night planned at my house for a couple months (even before I knew I was pregnant) and the timing just worked out perfect to share the news in a fun way. In the future nursery, I put my grandma’s rocker along with the ultrasound picture in the room. Since we were just finishing up some house renovations, I took everyone on a tour of the upstairs rooms, but I saved the baby’s room until after dinner. I told everyone there was one more room that I wanted to show them, so we went to the nursery and I waited for them to notice the ultrasound picture. It was so much fun and I was really glad I had waited for us all to be together to share the news. Turns out though they knew something was up since the beginning of the night. I guess after knowing someone for 15+ years and being aware of what you and your friends’ bodies typically look like, a baby bump becomes a little more noticeable!
My exercise has still been pretty non-existent; only working out once this week. I am still cutting myself some slack though and realizing there will be plenty of time for exercise as I start to feel better. I honestly don’t want to push myself too hard if I am tired because my body is sensitive to getting sick when I do too much, and right now I am just not willing to sacrifice my immune system for a good run.
- Cheese and Cracker Tray (I made this for girl’s night and it was so good!) – Cheddar, Provolone and Smoked Mozzarella, Pita Chips and Pretzel Crisps, Kalamata Olives, Hummus and Roasted Red Peppers
- Icees (still on that Icee kick!)
- Fruit Salad with Grapes, Pineapple, Mango, and Kiwi from Dorothy Lane Market (finally making its way back into the picture!) and Orange Juice
- Spaghetti with Meatballs and Marinara sauce/Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara (I have loved marinara through this whole pregnancy!!)
- Salads with lots of Dressing and Shredded Cheese (Not the healthiest, but better than nothing for now!)
- Buttered Toast
- Potatoes – Hash Browns, French Fries, Baked Potato, Mashed Potato
- Ice and Super Cold Drinks
- Mexican Food (enchiladas, refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, burritos, tacos…yum!)
- Coffee (When is coffee ever going to make an appearance in my diet again?!)
- Bagels (After craving them from about week 7-9, they are no longer sounding all that appealing…)
- Kool Aid (I think I had too much of it from week 7-10!)
- Oatmeal and Oat Bran and Peanut Butter are back to not sounding so good
- Milk and Cereal
- Green Smoothies