These two weeks were pretty similar in terms of how I was feeling. Definitely still tired, but a lot less fatigued than the weeks before. I was also able to be much more active, but I truly think the warmer weather helped immensely. In fact, during the end of week 13, I went to the gym Friday, went on a walk Saturday, went on an hour-long walk Sunday, and then went on another walk Monday all because the sun was shining and the weather was warming up. Then Tuesday came along and it was rainy and gloomy and all I wanted to do was sleep, but then the sun came out again Wednesday and I went on another hour-long walk after work.
I actually don’t mind that my first trimester was spent during the gloomy and cold days of winter, because I probably would have wanted to go to bed and skip the gym anyways even if I wasn’t pregnant. It’s nice to be feeling better just as spring is beginning to make its appearance.
I am looking forward to the warmer days not only for exercise, but also in regards to fashion. I love spring fashion as much as anyone, but this year I am extra excited if it means more dresses and less pants, tights and leggings. I haven’t purchased any maternity pants yet, but have been using an extender on my non-maternity pants. However, everything still feels pretty tight and uncomfortable. I think I am going to like making dresses my go-to outfit for this spring and summer. (I have quite a few maternity clothes now (Week 19) that I bought used from a teacher in the district where I work. She had some really nice quality clothes that were also really cute, so I jumped at the chance to start building my maternity wardrobe.)
- Bread (preferably sourdough) with butter
- Subway sandwiches
- Salt and vinegar potato chips dipped in sour cream (Don’t knock it ’til you try it!)
- Bottled grape soda
- All the root beer and root beer floats I can get my hands on!
Teb likes them too!
- Baked breaded tilapia from Trader Joe’s with tartar sauce and cocktail sauce (So random!!! I don’t usually even like much fish!)
- Thick-sliced cucumbers with ranch dressing for dipping
- Oat Bran
- Peanut butter
- Too much chocolate
- Ice cream (unless it’s in a root beer float!!)
- Think Thin Bar (I was starving and had one in my desk so I tried to eat it and immediately chose to toss it instead. It made me sick to my stomach! I guess I don’t want to ‘think thin’ during this pregnancy! )
I am looking forward to March 30, which is when we get to hear our baby’s heartbeat again! (We heard it and it was perfect!) That will put me just one day shy of 17 weeks, so a few weeks later we should be scheduled for the anatomy ultrasound scan when we will get to see all of our sweet baby’s features. I can’t wait!