These past two weeks have been my favorite of pregnancy so far! (I think I say this every week?!) Nausea has been extremely rare throughout the day, and my appetite has seemed to regulate a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I am still pretty hungry all day everyday, but more things seem to sound good to me now and I am once again obsessed with all things veggies so that is a good sign!
I finally was able to share my big news during week 15/16, which felt great to finally get out into the open!
We still haven’t purchased anything yet for the baby, but I have caught myself glancing at Pinterest for ‘must-have baby gear’ and ‘best registry’ lists. There are so many things that we need for the baby, aka we have nothing, so I want to do a little planning to register for the things we really need, and then make the less important yet still fun purchases later. My goal is definitely quality over quantity in regards to the registry!
I am really starting to look forward to our 20 week anatomy scan and gender reveal. I have friends who are pregnant and due right around the same time as me and have known if it’s a boy or a girl for awhile, so it does make me a little curious as to what we are having as well. To be perfectly honest though, I am actually still enjoying the surprise factor and am pretty content not knowing yet. It is nice that we still have the surprise ahead. It’s definitely something to look forward to!
During these weeks I also went to Columbus to visit friends and ended up staying up until 3:30 in the morning, a feat I can barely accomplish even when I’m not pregnant! I was pretty proud of myself for making it through since a few weeks before I never would have made it past 9:30. I think it helped that I don’t get to see that group of friends as often as I would like, so I was having too much fun to even remember that I should be tired. I did need a nap both the day of and the day after, but the fact that I was even still awake is a miracle in itself!
- Still loving my starchy potatoes! French fries with tons of ketchup and baked potatoes topped with butter, sour cream and cheese are my go-to’s!
- More potatoes: Salt and vinegar potato chips dipped in sour cream are the best thing ever! Seriously. Don’t knock it ’til you try it!
- Avocado on everything – paired with eggs, sliced on top of hot deli sandwiches, as a side with salt and pepper, and scooped right out of the avocado skin with salty tortilla chips! (Did I mentioned I like salt?!)
- Icees and Popsicles – Does anyone remember Bomb Pops from their childhood? I got a box from the grocery and am in love!
- Candy – Swedish Fish, gummy candies of all kind, starbursts and skittles
- Chicken Salad – I have heard not to eat store-bought (and of course, this is up for debate), but I went ahead and made a big batch at home that was delicious!
- Really, really, really cold drinks makes me happy!!
- Still coffee, although I did have my first decaf latte from Starbucks since about week 7. It wasn’t my favorite, but I am seeing progress!
- Peanut butter is still a bit of an aversion to me. It’s not that I hate it, but it’s more that I don’t care if I have it or not.
- Just like peanut butter, chocolate is still another food that I don’t hate, but that I don’t love either. I have always been a chocolate lover, but suddenly fruit desserts and non-chocolate treats like oatmeal raisin cookies and shortbread cookies sound the best. I did buy some chocolate milk though and have been drinking that like crazy!