My baby boy is 20 weeks old today and I simply can’t believe it – time is just flying! I just realized this week that I’ve yet to share pictures of his nursery…oops!I kept waiting for the space to be ‘finished’ so to speak, with the perfect amount of pictures on the walls and all the little details fitting into place. However, I still haven’t quite gotten around to ‘completing’ it almost five months after his birth. Although, I do have to admit that it’s come a long way since the beginning! I wish we had before pictures, but this room received new carpet, new doors, baseboards, a chair rail, and fresh paint.
What I’ve realized is that a sweet little nursery really doesn’t need a lot of extra stuff to make it cozy and comfortable. I like a neat and tidy space that is both simple and classic, and I don’t have a ton of odds-and-ends in the room. I do however love the clean and easygoing space we’ve created for him.I still do need to print a few more pictures, especially from our newborn session, and would love a shelf or two hanging on the walls, but we’ll get there eventually. The funny thing is that Jack doesn’t even realize that mommy doesn’t think his room is ‘complete!’ To him, its his room and his own safe, fun and inviting space. All the pictures and decorations in the world couldn’t make up for the late night cuddling that takes place in the rocker, and the sweet giggles and coos that have sounded in that tiny space.
- Pottery Barn Kids Kendall Crib
- Pottery Barn Kids Kendall Dresser & Topper (We purchased this Changing Table straight off the floor at PB Kids for a great deal! It didn’t have a scratch on it!)
- Chamois Fitted Crib Sheet in White (The softest Crib Sheets ever!!)
- Harper Bumper in Navy
- Harper Crib Skirt in Navy
- Harper Small Quilted Sham in Navy
- Harper Toddler Quilt in Navy
- (I found the bumper, crib skirt, sham and quilt at the Pottery Barn Outlet for close to 40% off the original price.)
- Navy Harper Bear Crib Mobile (Jack LOVES his mobile! We received it as a thoughtful Baby Shower gift!)
- Round Sabrina Hamper in Espresso (This is another Pottery Barn Outlet find! We got this $80 hamper for $30!)
- The rocker was actually my grandmother’s, and my mom re-upholstered the seat liner and ordered new cushions from Pottery Barn Kids. The ottoman is new from PB as well, but she made the ottoman cushion in the gingham pattern to match the rocker’s seat liner. The funny thing is that the fabric used for these updates is actually made from curtains that we found in the clearance section at Pottery Barn. We spent less than $3 each on two curtain panels! That is unheard of!! His tan curtains were also in that same clearance bin for less than $7 a piece. It was such a deal and really helped to pull my navy, white and tan color scheme together.
- Target Threshold 2-Shelf Bookcase ( I knew I wanted a bookcase, but didn’t want to spend a ton. This shelving from Target did the trick and cost less than $80.)
- Bookcase Baskets: Threshold Wicker Small Milk Crate in Dark Global Brown